CLOSING DATE: 2 May 2017
York Timbers promotes the principles of employment equity.
Based at Sabie the successful candidate will report to the General Manager: Forestry. The District Manager will manage the Escarpment Forestry Region in accordance with York's vision, values and policies in order to produce optimum returns in relation to land and product utilization in a sustainable manner.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Work as an integral part of our Divisional management team in order to unlock value for all our stakeholders
- Manage a competent team of Forestry staff and contractors
- Be responsible to achieve annual budget objectives
- Adhere to applicable legislation and regulatory demands in Environmental , Health and Safety as well as maintain FSC certification
- Develop people through support of training and skills development, performance management systems, succession planning and Employment equity
- Budget and cost management
- BSc Forestry / BTech Forestry
- At least 8-10 years working experience in the forestry industry
If you meet the minimum requirements and are interested in applying for this vacancy, please forward your CV to:
Recruiting HR Name:
- Influential and strong leadership skills
- Business acumen and cost management
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Planning, mapping and geography knowledge
- Technical silviculture and harvesting skills and knowledge
Telephone No: (013)764 9200
013 764 1027
Please mark your application clearly as District Manager
Should you not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
The commercial aspect of the Forestry South Africa (FSA) website, as well as the commercial side of the FSA Newsletter, is managed and run by Fevertree Media (Pty) Ltd which is a separately run entity to the non-profit organisation Forestry South Africa.