Engineering Manager (Grade 4/HRL20/S5)
Sappi Southern Africa
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Manage the Mill Engineering Maintenance, Projects, Utilities, Risk and Safety management of the engineering teams.
REPORTING TO the General Manager
- Develop the annual plant maintenance system including the quality control plan, priorities, schedules, resource allocation and budgets with the aim of meeting production and plant performance targets. Align the annual plan with the regional maintenance strategy.
- Apply Sappi standard project management and process standards for capital projects and ensure sound change management practices are utilised for all changes to the plant.
- Manage the maintenance repairs operations working capital, cash flow and actual maintenance cost in line with agreed budget.
- Contribute to the determination of production targets including waste levels, deviations and product quality.
- Collaborate with the Production Departmental Heads and develop the mill's shut down schedule and oversee the planning, preparation and implementation of minor and major shuts downs.
- Participate in the prioritisation and motivation for capital expenditure projects for new or existing plant equipment. Oversee the development of equipment and process specifications and approve changes in the design of the plant.
- Review and approve test plans with the focus on integration points between different areas of the plant.
- Participate in contract negotiations for all major engineering contracts. Determine when engineering services should be done internally and when it should be outsourced.
- Review the quality of work, contract compliance and financial processes for engineering contractors for normal work and during shuts.
- Ensure compliance to ISO standards for the Engineering Department and monitor adherence to regulatory and internal standards.
- Drive a culture of people taking personal responsibility for their own and colleagues' safety.
- Ensure the effective resourcing, management and development of employees to ensure achievement of departmental objectives.
- Oversee the effective development of new engineers and technicians in training.
If you meet the specified requirements please forward a detailed CV with proof of your qualifications.
Closing date for applications: 28th March 2017
Applications to be submitted online: via Sappi Career Page
Sappi career page can be accessed via sappi global intranet pages or www.sappi.com
For enquires contact: Linda. Shazi Sappi Saiccor HR
+27 (0)39 973 8020 or email@example.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The commercial aspect of the Forestry South Africa (FSA) website, as well as the commercial side of the FSA Newsletter, is managed and run by Fevertree Media (Pty) Ltd which is a separately run entity to the non-profit organisation Forestry South Africa.