Foreman: Mechanical (S8 / HRL15)
Sappi Southern Africa
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The incumbent in this position is coordinating Mechanical maintenance program(s) and related activities; supervising assigned skilled trades people; implementing and maintaining mechanical maintenance services within established guidelines and standards; and performing skilled mechanical maintenance as needed.
REPORTING TO: ENGINEER: UTILITIES
- Assesses equipment, materials and labour needed to complete large and/or complex maintenance.
- Collaborates with others (e.g. contractors, vendors, etc.) for the purpose of implementing and maintaining services.
- Coordinates the services and activities of outside contractors.
- Directs assigned maintenance staff in resolving complex and/or difficult maintenance.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic files and/or records and prepares a variety of program-mandated documents and reports
- Maintains assigned tools, equipment and vehicle(s).
- Performs a wide variety of skilled (and sometimes complex) maintenance activities.
- Prioritizes and assigns mechanical related work orders to skilled maintenance.
- Assist in the feasibility studies for modification at proposal stages.
- Assist with planning and scoping of shut related work using SAP system.
- Assists in the personnel management of department employees (e.g. selection of new hires, promotions, terminations, transfers, supervising, disciplining, training, etc.)
- Assess staff against Position Profile & coaches/mentors team members.
- Monitors and adjusts employee role and responsibility.
- Evaluates and directs performance of team and team members against goals and standards of conduct to ensure maximum performance.
- Understands the SHEQ requirements of the Section.
- Monitor subordinate's performance against SHEQ requirements and corrects non-conformances.
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non- Conformances and corrects deviations.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of Plant Operations and equipment layout.
- Knows and understands the budgeting policy and procedures of the organization.
- Knowledge of general health and safety risks and practices.
- Knows and understands the principles and application of instrumentation maintenance.
- The ability to plan, organise, monitor and co-ordinate resources in order to meet business goals optimally.
- Full N3 (4 subjects) and Mechanical Trade Test Certificate
- Code 08 Drivers Licence
- Computer Literate (MS Office Packages)
- SAP Experience Advantageous
- Minimum 5 years plant operations experience
- 2 Years supervisory experience
If you meet the specified requirements please submit a detailed CV online with all relevant information
Closing date for applications: 31 March 2017
Applications to be submitted online: via Sappi Career Page
Sappi career page can be accessed via sappi global intranet pages or www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The commercial aspect of the Forestry South Africa (FSA) website, as well as the commercial side of the FSA Newsletter, is managed and run by Fevertree Media (Pty) Ltd which is a separately run entity to the non-profit organisation Forestry South Africa.