Forest Research Intern x 2
Sappi Southern Africa Ltd
FORESTS KZN - TWEEDIE
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide the incumbent with the necessary skills and specific competencies and assist in executing related activities across the designated region.
REPORTING TO: RESEARCH OFFICER - RESEARCH, PLANNING AND NURSERIES
- Assist with Research trial activities such planting, measurement.
- Assist with other breeding activities such as controlled pollinations, flowering studies
- Work on the sampling, preparation and assessment of wood properties ), sampling and planting and measuring
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Research knowledge (would be a recommendation)
- Planning and organizing
- Safety and Quality awareness
- Ability to work under pressure
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12/Matric qualification
- Relevant Tree Breeding, Genetics or Botany Diploma/Degree or related qualification
- No experience required
- Computer skills Proficient in MS Office ( Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Drivers license
If you meet the specified requirements please submit a detailed CV online with all relevant information
Closing date for applications: 24 April 2017
Applications to be submitted online: via Sappi Career Page
Sappi career page can be accessed via Sappi global intranet pages or www.sappi.com
For enquires contact: Siyanda Gama, Sappi HR
+27 (0)11 407 8502 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The commercial aspect of the Forestry South Africa (FSA) website, as well as the commercial side of the FSA Newsletter, is managed and run by Fevertree Media (Pty) Ltd which is a separately run entity to the non-profit organisation Forestry South Africa.