Global prices and trade data for sawlogs, pulpwood and lumber
costs account for 60-70% of the production costs when manufacturing
lumber, pulp and wood pellets. With the constant changes in the sawlog,
wood chip and biomass markets and their impact on a variety of business
decisions, I wanted to draw your attention to one of our market reports that
might be of interest to your organization, the Wood Resource Quarterly (WRQ).
The WRQ, established in 1988, is a 52-page quarterly publication with
subscribers in more than 30 countries. The publication tracks sawlog,
pulpwood, chips, lumber and biomass prices in all the
major markets worldwide, including Asia, North America, South
America, Oceania and Europe. In addition to market prices for
wood raw-material and forest products, the report also covers the latest market
and trade developments in the timber, pulp, lumber and biomass
markets around the world. The WRQ is published four times a year
and is available both as hard copy and in pdf format on our website.
Regions covered in the WRQ include:
|| Northern Europe
| Canada, West
|| Czech Republic
| Canada, East
| US, West
| US, South
|| US, South
| Latin America
|| New Zealand
|Prices, trade and market coverage include:
|| Softwood lumber
|| Wood pellets
| Wood chips
|| Market pulp
Each WRQ issue also includes a Special Report covering a
topic of interest. A few of the most recent topics include:
- Global trade of
softwood lumber reaches the highest level in five years
- New Zealand log exports and timber harvests
- Timber harvests and log end-uses in North America
- The global family of wood chip carriers is becoming smaller
- Russia's exports of logs and lumber
- Price outlook for market pulp in the US, China and Europe
- Global softwood log trade in 2015
- Overseas lumber imports to the US, past and future
- Log trade in the Baltic Sea region
- Softwood lumber imports to the MENA region
By subscribing to
the Wood Resource Quarterly (WRQ), you will be better able to:
- Evaluate the competitiveness of pulpmills
and sawmills worldwide.
- Follow softwood lumber prices and trade in key markets
around the world.
- Track quarterly pulpwood prices on a
consistent and comparable basis.
- Follow current and historical quarterly sawlog
prices going back to 1995.
- Get the latest trade information for
sawlogs, lumber, wood chips and pellets.
- Read about the latestglobal wood marketdevelopments.
Your subscription would include one mailed hardcopy each quarter, as well
as access to our website to download all issues going back to 2007 in
pdf format. If you are interested in learning more about our
subscription services, please visit our website, where you can pay by credit
card or request an invoice with information for a bank transfer. In addition,
you may also download sample copies of our market reports on our website (www.woodprices.com).
Wood Resources International LLC
The commercial aspect of the Forestry South Africa (FSA) website, as well as the commercial side of the FSA Newsletter, is managed and run by Fevertree Media (Pty) Ltd which is a separately run entity to the non-profit organisation Forestry South Africa.