: Logistics Co-ordinator
: 2 May 2017
York Timbers promotes the principles of employment equity.
The successful candidate will report to the Logistics Manager and will be responsible to ensure sufficient delivery of stock to the different processing facilities.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Timber transport management
- Liaising with Harvesting Co-ordinator (transport planning, daily production outputs, harvesting production)
- Stock management
- Manage and control of company assets (Forwarder and other)
- Ensure compliance with road traffic legislation and liaise with Roads Department regarding maintenance and construction
- Fire risk management
- Ensure compliance with FSC standards
- Grade 12
- BTech/BSc Forest Science
- Logistics Management qualification will be an advantage
- At least 3-5 years harvesting and transport experience
If you meet the minimum requirements and are interested in applying for this vacancy, please forward your CV to:
- Honest, reliable and energetic individual
- Innovative and adaptable
- Strong co-ordination, planning and organising skills
- Ability to function in a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to function independently and be accountable
- Ability to plan, lead, organise and control subordinates/contractors
- Willing to reside on the plantation if required and perform fire standby duties
Recruiting HR Name
: Anina Coetzee
Telephone No.: 013 764 9200
Fax No.: 013 764 1027
Please mark your application clearly as Logistics Co-ordinator
Should you not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
The commercial aspect of the Forestry South Africa (FSA) website, as well as the commercial side of the FSA Newsletter, is managed and run by Fevertree Media (Pty) Ltd which is a separately run entity to the non-profit organisation Forestry South Africa.