Operator : Relief (Process Controller/Foreman) (Grade 10/S9/HRL13)
Sappi Southern Africa Ltd.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assist the Utilities Department reducing overtime by providing a leave relief to the Process Controller and Foreman to effectively manage resources with the objective of producing quality and quantity products according to customer requirements and according to mill standards and objectives.
REPORTING TO: PRODUCTION FOREMAN (UTILITIES)
- Implements Foreman's shift plan by carrying out and delegating tasks to achieve steam requirements.
- Participates in team problem solving and production program development in order to determine root cause of problems.
- Effectively distribute steam at the required pressure and temperature, generate and supply electricity to power station bus bars, generate and distribute compressed air to consumers and ensure feed water supply to Boilers.
- Provides accurate information/input for the production statistics and appropriate action taken, (rework, comebacks, breakdowns, defects, downtime losses, start-up and yield losses, idling and minor stoppages, adjustment losses etc.)
- Completes SAP notifications for maintenance requests in accordance with business process standards.
- Identify inefficiencies in Best Operating Practices and propose changes and Complete Isolation procedure records
- Records plant related problems, steam restrictions, power trips, air problems and consumer start up and shut down times in the section log book
- Coach team members towards better understanding of plant operating procedures
- Assist Foreman in developing the competencies of employees.
- Ensures a safe working environment with the development of safety and housekeeping strategies.
- Ensures that the Section complies in all respects with the relevant statutory requirements (OHS Act, Legal Appointment, etc) by implementing the necessary control measures and rectifying inadequacies and non-conformances.
- Understanding of Plant Operations and equipment layout
- Knows and understands the budgeting policy and procedures of the organisation
- Knowledge of general health and safety risks and practices
- Knows and understands the principles and application of pulp and /or papermaking
- The ability to plan and organise, monitor and co-ordinate resources
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Matric and N3 Pulp and Paper Certificate (4 subjects)
- N4 to N6 Pulp and Paper / Boiler Certificate will advantageous
- Computer and SAP Literacy Advantageous
- Minimum 3 Years' Plant Operations Experience
If you meet the specified requirements please submit a detailed CV online with all relevant information
Closing date for applications: 15 March 2017
Applications to be submitted online: via Sappi Career Page
Sappi career page can be accessed via sappi global intranet pages or www.sappi.com
For enquires contact: Carin Greeff, Sappi Tugela HR
+27 (0)32 456 1435 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The commercial aspect of the Forestry South Africa (FSA) website, as well as the commercial side of the FSA Newsletter, is managed and run by Fevertree Media (Pty) Ltd which is a separately run entity to the non-profit organisation Forestry South Africa.