Shunter (HRL 16)
Sappi Southern Africa
SAICCOR MILL - RAIL TRANSPORT
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To carry out shunting duties under loco drivers instructions.
RAIL TRANSPORT MANAGER
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Fill sand boxes with dry screened sand using bucket during every shift.
- Cleaning the diesel loco cab and windows as instructed by the locomotive driver.
- Couple and uncouple automatic couplers and flexible vacuum pipes using release cable also airbrake as per vacuum systems.
- Release vacuum breaks by apparatus or by hand.
- Ensure that level crossings are protected and clear of any objects, people and vehicles as per Rail Transport procedure.
- Ensure that the line you intend entering with rolling stock is safe and clear of any obstacles and obstruction's before entering that line.
- Comply with all plant PPE requirements.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Safety Awareness
- NQF Level 4 qualification (Matric/N3) with Mathematics and or Science
- Experience in a similar environment will be considered advantageous
- Experience in air brake system
If you meet the specified requirements please forward a detailed CV with proof of your qualifications.
Closing date for applications: 06th May 2017
Applications to be submitted online: via Sappi Career Page
Sappi career page can be accessed via sappi global intranet pages or www.sappi.com
For enquires or assistance with the Career Page contact: Linda Shazi, Sappi Saiccor HR
+27 (0)39 973 8020 or email@example.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The commercial aspect of the Forestry South Africa (FSA) website, as well as the commercial side of the FSA Newsletter, is managed and run by Fevertree Media (Pty) Ltd which is a separately run entity to the non-profit organisation Forestry South Africa.