23 July, 2014
Forest Finance and Valuation: What every forester should know
Department of Forest and Wood Science
Date : 12 ‐ 13 November 2014
Venue : Ascot Conference Centre ‐ Pietermaritzburg
Cori Ham - Lecturer in Forest Management
Who should attend?
Professionals involved in the financial aspects of forestry and land management operations.
On completion of the course participants will be able to analyses and understand financial
decisions related to forestry operations.
The course will run over a two day period to allow enough time for interaction and discussion of practical examples related to forest finance. It will cover the following forest finance aspects:
- Interest and the time value of money.
- Discounting cash flow analysis and implications for forestry.
- Correctly adjusting for inflation in discounting cash flow analysis.
- Financial criteria for evaluating alternative investments.
- Forests as capital.
- Optimal economic rotation age.
- Valuation of forestry land and plantations.
The course fee is R 3 500 per person (Excluding VAT) and includes a Stellenbosch University
short course certificate, class notes and refreshments.
For more information please contact Cori Ham at telephone 021 808 3297 or e‐mail email@example.com