4 April, 2016
Invitation: ICFR Field Day
This is an invitation to the first ICFR field day of 2016, and half day event which will be held in Amsterdam, Mpumalanga
for our Central Region on Tuesday 19 April
The programme will all be field based, heading out after we meet at Robert Burns Hotel
in Amsterdam for early morning tea and coffee.
PPE requirements include a safety vest, sun hat and closed shoes
In-field presentations include:
- A talk on soil compaction and harvest residue research,
- An update on the Eucalyptus grandis x E. macarthurii hybrid trials
- A presentation from TPCP on current pest and pathogen research.
- An opportunity to visit one of the ICFR's unique nutrient depletion study site, and
- View the low cost timber winch prototype developed as part of a research project supporting small scale timber growers.
The field day will end with lunch back at the Robert Burns Hotel.
All are welcome to attend - please RSVP to Sappy Upfold (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 0825700851 for catering purposes.
Download the PDF document: Programme
We look forward to seeing many of you at the field day.
Sally J Upfold, Knowledge Manager
Institute for Commercial Forestry Research (ICFR)
UKZN Campus, Carbis Road, Scottsville, Pietermaritzburg
Tel: 033 - 3862314,
Fax: 033 - 3868905