10 August, 2018
PrimeTech Demo Day reaches its fifth year.
headquarters of PrimeTech (division of FAE Group) in Sarnonico (TN) - Italy, hosted
PrimeTech Demo Day 2018 on June 5th and 6th, 2018. The
event, dedicated to end customers and dealers from all over the world, saw
tracked carriers PT-300 (302 HP) and PT-475 (475 HP) - both with Tier 4F engine
- in the spotlight.
PrimeTech Demo Day, which is now in its fifth
year, hosts trials and demonstrations in the field and therefore in totally
realistic conditions that allow participants to measure the efficiency of
PrimeTech vehicles. Over the two days of the event, customers and dealers from over 20 different
countries were able to appreciate, first hand, the two flagship models from the
range of specialist tracked carriers for forestry reclamation: the PT-300 (302 HP)
with FAE 300/U-200 forestry mulcher and the PT-475 (475 HP) with the FAE
SFH/PM-250 forestry tiller/rotovator. Field trials showcased the agility and
manoeuvrability that are standout features on both vehicles, without forgetting
the driving comfort that was greatly appreciated by those participating in the
"We have always done everything we can to make
sure we give customers versatile, innovative excellence. We want to be
pro-active partners who can assess and thoroughly familiarise with the real
needs that are specific to each customer, in every precise operating context.
This is what makes us organise these events, almost as if they were educational
outings to provide hands-on experience of the solutions designed by our
engineers and to fully understand the real difficulties that a machine
encounters in its working environment," says Andreas Lambacher, Sales Director
"Attendance levels were very high at this year's event: with more than 80 customers
from every continent. Five years ago, at the very first PrimeTech Demo Day, there
were fewer than 10 clients in attendance. It had all begun a little by
chance, but with every year, it has become a bigger success. The
event has grown and our team and our products have grown with it."
PrimeTech Demo Day concluded on 6th
June, late in the afternoon, with a spectacular performance by the Show Action
Group who, on board their trial bikes, gave a demonstration of their acrobatic
skills using PrimeTech vehicles as obstacles.
tracked carriers presented at PrimeTech Demo Day 2018
The PrimeTech PT-300 and PT-475 are among
the most highly evolved machines in their specific field.
Not only do they fit Caterpillar engines and Danfoss hydraulics, they are also
the result of an overall design project that has been thought out in great
detail, as well as having a cab with extraordinary comfort and an excellent
hydraulic control systems
PT-300 is a mid-size tracked carrier, now available with a Tier 4 engine. Along
with installing a new engine some important modifications and improvements were
made to this unit, however the main features the PT-300 is known for, remain
the same: productivity, maneuverability, reliability, low ground pressure and
- The engine is a robust and fuel efficient CAT C7 Acert 7l (428 in3)
turbocharged and aftercooled engine, with 6 in-line cylinders, producing 302hp
- The engine complies with the Tier 4F emission regulations and is
equipped with Diesel Particulate Filter Technology (DPF), Diesel Oxidation
Catalyst (DOC) and Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR);
- The PT-300 has a separate AdBlue (DEF) tank. The Diesel Exhaust Fluid
(DEF) is used by the Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) to reduce nitrogen
oxide (NOx) emissions in the exhaust;
- The higher power output of 302hp (225kw) is achieved at a lower rpm
(2200), meaning better performance at lower fuel consumption;
- A bigger fuel tank was installed (390 l) to ensure no filling up is
needed even when working longer shifts;
- 24V batteries are installed with a better cold start ability.
- The bigger engine compartment with two large side doors on each side
allows easy and quick access to any component;
- Better layout of the components in the engine compartment and cleaner
routing of hoses and wiring harnesses
- Easy cleaning and daily maintenance through perfect accessibility to all
service points and both engine and hydraulic filters;
- A tool box in the engine compartment for storage of tools and teeth. For
the convenience of the operator the tool box can be easily removed.
- Second-to-none operator comfort: spacious, low-noise and low-vibration
cabin, with excellent visibility and more headroom;
- Overall height of the cabin has been reduced so that the total height of
the unit is now only 2785 mm (important in case of trucking in areas with
- Even better and more ergonomic layout of controls;
- New digital 7" colour display to check and keep main parameters under
control, as well as to customize functions and settings;
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing via display including data storage on a
- Cabin is 30% more tiltable, allowing better access to the components
located under the cabin.
- One oversized radiator with enough cooling capacity for hydraulic oil,
air and water, even when worked in extremely hot climates;
- The radiator comes with coarse fins, preventing them from getting
plugged by dust and dirt and making cleaning much easier;
- The radiator can be equipped with a proportional and reversible fan
(option) thus, based on radiator temperatures, the blades will automatically
adjust the pitch in the most efficient and effective way. This results in less
power absorbed by the fan and eventually in lower fuel consumption;
- The sucker fan helps to keep dust out of the engine compartment and thus
keep it clean;
- The fan is hydraulic driven and the pitch of the blades get adjusted
hydraulically, being a more reliable solution to belt driven fans with blades
being adjusted by a separate air compressor.
A range of front attachments are available for the PT-300, making it a very
versatile tracked carrier. Following attachments are available: forestry
mulcher, subsoiler/rotovator, stump cutter, rock crusher and asphalt grinder.
The forestry mulcher FAE 300/U that was demoed during the PrimeTech Demo Day underwent
recently some major redesign and offers some very interesting new features:
- New push-frame design to reach the ground for dragging and raking;
- Bolt-on counter blades for quicker change and reduced maintenance cost;
- Adjustable skids to set required working depth;
- Reinforced frame and hood.
The PT-475 tracked
carrier is a purpose-built carrier for superior performance, productivity and
Equipped with the quality and performance expected from a PrimeTech tracked
carrier, this 475 HP unit gives excellent performance due to a series of strong
- A CAT C13 Acert, 12.5 L (763 in3) turbocharged and
aftercooled engine, with 6 in-line cylinders and 475 HP, that is fuel efficient
and can be offered both in the version Tier 3/Stage IIIA and in the version
Tier 4/Stage IVA (emissions standards);
- Its powerful hydraulic system, with Danfoss pumps and
motors for track and front attachment drives;
- The oscillating undercarriage Berco D5HD adapts
perfectly to uneven surfaces. According to customer needs, the track can be
fitted with two types of shoes in two different widths: 600 mm / 24 in
(STD-version) and 900 mm / 36 in (LGP-version). Both versions guarantee
excellent vehicle stability and low ground pressure: with the LGP-version
ground pressure being a best-in-class 0,33 kg/cm² (4.7 psi)! Lower ground pressure also means a
longer working season in wet and swampy areas!
- The efficient and functional design of PT-475 and the
arrangement of its components make all parts easily accessible. The tilt-able
ROPS/FOPS/OPS cab, the big side doors and the swing-out oil cooler assure excellent access to daily service points, engine and hydraulic filters;
- PT-475 has also been equipped with an oversized engine
radiator, allowing the machine to operate in very hot climate with no
overheating issues. The radiator comes with coarse fins, preventing it from
getting plugged by dust and dirt and making cleaning much easier.
- As an option, both the oil cooler and the engine
radiator can be equipped with a proportional (so-called variable pitch) and
reversible fan. Based on radiator temperatures (coolant, intercooler and
hydraulic oil) the blades will automatically adjust their position in the most
efficient and effective way. This result in less power absorbed by the fan,
lower fuel consumption and less air and dust flow crossing the engine
compartment, helping to keep it cleaner;
PT-475 is a
powerful tracked carrier and like all PrimeTech models it is characterized by a
great versatility: depending
on the job you want to do, PT-475 can be equipped indeed with mulching head, subsoiler/rotovator,
rock crusher and stump cutter.
All the attachments, made by FAE, can be switched easily and quickly, allowing
you to use PT-475 for land clearing and mulching applications (right-of-way,
utility lines, fire breaks, vegetation management, etc.), as well as for land
conversion (removal of stumps and roots, site preparation) and for road
The FAE SFH/PM, which was demoed
during the PrimeTech Demo Day, is a forestry tiller (also called subsoiler or
rotovator) for grinding stumps, roots and rocks up to a depth of 400 mm,
depending on driving speed and soil conditions.
Max. grinding diameter of rocks is 350 mm, while the max grinding diameter of
trees is 450 mm.
This attachment is available in 2 widths: SFH/PM-225 (working width: 2320 mm)
and SFH/PM-250 (working width: 2560 mm).
Different tools (teeth) for the rotor are available to suit different working
conditions, all of them with carbide tip. The rotor pattern is designed in a
way that every piece of soil gets processed.
For further information:
Source: Prime Tech