10 November, 2014
Reminder: Invitation: ICFR Midlands Field Day at Wartburg, KZN Midlands
This is an invitation to join us for what will be the last ICFR field day for 2014
to be held at Wartburg in the KwaZulu-Natal midlands.
programme includes a range of highly relevant talks addressing some of
the key challenges currently facing timber growers and managers in the
Please join us on Thursday 20 November at the Wartburg Lutheran Church, in Wartburg and then travel in-field out Windy Hill
for this event!
For catering purposes, please reply to Sally Upfold at firstname.lastname@example.org or 033-3862314 by Wednesday 12 November latest.
The field day begins at 08h30 for 09h00
, and the programme for this event is attached as well as a map to the ICFR.
- A talk by Mondi comparing two hybrid breeding strategies for E. grandis x E. urophylla
- An update on ICFR research to investigate the effect of spacing Eucalyptus cuttings and seedlings at different ages and densities
- Presentations on research and management approaches to dealing with wattle rust from FABI and the ICFR
- Results from the unique long-term wattle fertiliser trials in its 6th rotation at Bloemendal
presentation on the development of time study standards for southern
Africa, to benefit silviculture and harvesting operations
A talk from UKZN on community involvement in research and small grower projects, as well as
- A field visit to the ICFR's nutrient depletion trial.
Download the document : Programme
Sally J Upfold (MSc)
Institute for Commercial Forestry Research (ICFR)
Reg no: 026-368-NPO
Tel: +27 - 33 - 386 2314
Fax: +27 - 33 - 386 8905