21 May, 2013
Reminder: Invitation to an ICFR KZN Midlands Regional Field Day
This is a reminder of the 2nd ICFR field day of 2013, which will be held in KwaZulu-Natal at Mondi Mountain Home near Hilton on Wednesday 29 May
All are welcome to attend the field day which includes presentations on a range of the ICFR's research.
- From the Re-establishment group, talks include post-establishment weed control for pines and eucalypts, and air-drying rate for Eucalyptus smithii logs.
- The Acacia breeding programme will present on genetic gain results in our production seed orchards as well as aspects of our vegetative propagation studies.
- Our Sustainable Forest Productivity team will talk on a nutrient threshold study being planned as well as the final results from mid-rotation fertilisation of eucalypti pulpwood stands, and a recent study on a web-based microclimatic measurement and evaporative cooling control system, for shade-netted forestry nurseries.
- FSA's Roger Godsmark will speak on the land reform process, and
- Mondi will host us to a tour of their Seed Extraction Facility and Research Nursery.
The event ends with the KZN branch SAIF AGM meeting - which all members and interested people are encouraged to attend.
Please pass the invitation onto your colleagues who may be interested in attending, especially anyone in your companies in the area, who may not be on this mailing list.
For catering purposes, please reply to Sidhika Naidoo at email@example.com or 033-3862314 by Wednesday 22 May latest. Please book early to secure your place as seating is limited!
Attached is the programme for this event with directions and a map.
ICFR KZNMidlands Regional Intrest Group Field Day.pdf
We look forward to seeing you at the field day.
Contact: Sally J Upfold (MSc)
Institute for Commercial Forestry Research (ICFR)
Reg no: 026-368-NPO
Tel: +27 - 33 - 386 2314
Fax: +27 - 33 - 386 8905