8 May, 2018
RISI 10th International Fibre Resource and Trade Conference
Registration Opens Next Week: Start Planning Your Trip Now
Known by many long-term attendees as "The Woodchip Conference," the International Woodfiber Resource & Trade Conference covers the entire international woodchips and biomass supply chain, from the plantation forests and transportation logistics to overseas end-users.
Registration is opening soon. Be sure to start planning your trip to Durban, South Africa now.
This event offers both a two-day program and an industry field trip.
Program Highlights: September 17-19th
- European biomass demand panel discussion
- An outlook for South Africa's woodchip export supply
- Regional woodchip supply panels including Oceania, Asia, and Latin America
- An outlook for the international pulp markets
Field Trip Highlights: September 20-22nd
- Learning about Mondi's forestry program, specifically eucalyptus
- Port of Richards Bay: One of the largest woodchip export operations in the world
- A tour of a Sappi nursery and several plantations to see pine and eucalyptus silviculture and timber harvesting
- NCT: A visit to the company's three export operations
To view the full program or the complete field trip schedule, click here.