22 September, 2017
SAFCOL Forestry Industrialisation Conference 2017
find hereunder an invitation to the abovementioned Conference which is
to take place on 4 & 5 October 2017 in Kempton Park.
The purpose of this
Conference is to bring together forestry related decision makers and
corporate stakeholders from both the public and private sectors of
business to explore the industry status quo, challenges
to be addressed and opportunities to be exploited; including alignment
to international developments and to create exposure for the industry to
the broader South Africa.
Topics to be discussed during the conference plenary sessions include;
Afforestation and re-afforestation - reduction of temporarily unplanted (TUP) area
- Wood Processing & engineering - improvement of recovery rates
- Opportunities for new product development, market development and alternative wood based products and industrialisation
- Opportunities in post felling and post processing waste
and regulation (downstream manufacturing and opportunities,
infrastructure applications like buildings and bridges etc. challenges
of lack of
wood culture, designs, exposure etc.);
and skills (schooling, research and post-school training) as well as
industry participation in the development and assimilation of relevant
- Promotion of Wood Culture - use of wooden structures for public buildings and human settlements.
- Security of supply of raw material, regional integration and investment in Africa
- Funding and insurance
Should you be interested in attending please follow the link on the invite below.
NOTE: REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN