South African Forestry Contractors Association (SAFCA)
|Contact Person :
||(011) 392 4643 / 4870
||084 575 2861
|Postal Address :
||Postnet Suite 46, Private Bag 27, Kempton Park, 1620
|Physical Address :
||6 Hulley Road, Isando, 1609
Categories listed in :
SAFCA Functions and Member Service
Association: An Association of members associate for some common reason. Contractors are in competition with each other, but there are also aspects, like legal, insurance, labour and political (Statutory) and training and development aspects where they do have a common interest that can be addressed through association (Group representation).
Representing Contractors and working together with:
- Forestry South Africa on various matters like human resources, wage determination and other legislative / statutory issues.
- FP&M SETA to develop qualifications and training and development standards for the SA forestry industry.
- Addressing common issues in the industry bearing on members like training facilitation.
- FITPA (Forestry Industry Training Association) and SAFCA accredited training providers to ensure acceptable standards of training.
- Forestry Charter Council to attend to BBBEE matters and contractor codes of good practice.
- Insurance companies to mitigate the risk of contractors for the use of equipment as well as Public Liability insurance with the extensions of fire and pollution.
- Life assurance brokers for the benefit of businesses and their employees.
- Academic institutions for the placement of forestry students with contractors for work integrated learning and internships.
- Technical advice on:
- Forest Engineering
- Transportation of round wood.
- Business and Administrative services:
- Assisting with Business Plans
- Costing models (available and assisting with use) for Harvesting, Silviculture, Pitting and Planting, Mulching and Drones.
- Facilitation of Group Public Liability schemes (General PL) that is extended to cover spread of fire and pollution.
- Facilitation of a Group Provident fund.
- Training co-ordination, facilitation and management for some major forestry growers.
- Quality assurance of forestry training.
- Hosting the Forestry Training Indaba.
- Representation at various forums including:
- FSA HR Committee
- Forestry Charter Council
- Nelson Mandela University (Forestry Advisory Board)
- Stellenbosch University (Forestry Advisory Board)
- S. Cape Forum for development (to replant exit areas)
- Quality Assurance Committee of the FP&M SETA
- Ad hoc Group representation.
Email South African Forestry Contractors Association (SAFCA)