Please find attached the following Acts that have been signed into law by the President, Cyril Ramaphosa:
- Conditions of Employment Amendment Act, 2018
- Labour Laws Amendment Act, 2018
- Labour Relations Amendment Act, 2018
- National Minimum Wage Act, 2018
Please note that the commencement date is 1 January 2019, but that the formal proclamation will be circulated as soon as it is received. Any future increases will be handled by the NMW Commission and proclamated in a gazette by the president.
As far as the NMW is concerned, the special dispensation is as follows (Schedule 1 of the NMW Act):
- R18 per hour for agricultural and forestry workers, including domestic workers and security guards employed on farms;
- R15 per hour for domestic workers who are not employed on farms;
- R11 per hour for EPWP workers.